Plan Your Visit
Dates: Saturday 25th May 2024 - Sunday 29th September 2024, 1-4pm, Saturdays and Sundays only.
Clachan of Strachur
The Smiddy is in the "Clachan", which is the old village centre of Strachur, just off the main A815 road, behind the petrol station.
If you are in Strachur you will see signs pointing to The Smiddy.
John, our blacksmith, works in the smiddy most weekends, so you will have the opportunity to see him making fire pokers in the traditional way and ask him as many questions as you'd like!.
If you would like to visist outside of these hours please contact us and we will see if a guide is avaiable.
Other things to do in the area:
Food and Drink:
- Strachur Filling Station, on the main road behind the Smiddy, sells carry-out coffee and snacks.
- Bay Cottage Tea Room in Strachur Bay is a convenience store and Post Office as well as a tearoom.
- The Creggans Hotel Local hotel with excellent food and fantastic views down Loch Fyne
- Inver Restaurant and Rooms This local restaurant has won several awards including a Michelin Green Star
- Loch Fyne Oysters Restaurant specialising is seafood.
- Fyne Ales Local brewery with a bar that sells snacks
- The Tree Shop Cafe Right next to Loch Fyne Oysters is the garden centre. The cafe sells wonderful cakes.
- The Stagecoach Inn at Cairndow. One of Scotlands oldest coaching inns. John Keats the poet stayed there in 1818. Now a friendly village pub with food.
- The Clachan Bar, nextdoor to the Smiddy, is open limited hours for drinks only.